Embracing one of the joys of season: a family tradition to go apple picking. This year, we’ll go twice. In a week or two, we’ll go back to pick apples to make into pies and applesauce. When the leaves turn (they’ve just begun to turn golden and red, and overnight it seems more and more are changing), I’ll have more of Autumn’s gifts to photograph and post.
Sharing with Laura for Playdates at The Wellspring, in the weekly link-up where friends can share how they embrace the God-Joy each week.
And, continuing in the weekly list of thanksgiving (#432-443):
– apple picking (round one)
– taking photos at the farm (100+)
– green grass
– honey drizzled on almonds
– George Winston’s “Autumn” CD
– hearing an owl hooting at night
– crickets at dusk- remind me that summer is fading into another season
– and, (I’m dating myself) but remember the Partridge Family? This week, I heard their song online, “come on, get happy!” — corny, perhaps, but it made me smile and brought back memories of coming home from school, eating a snack and watching the Partridge Family on TV. My favorite snack back then was “cheese puffs”, and my mom didn’t offer it too often, but when she did, oh boy, it was a treat (albeit an unhealthy one!) 🙂